Today was the big cookie exchange party...what a fun time! And I'm so full. But it was worth it.
I really enjoyed these peppermint-y cookies. Very tender and delicious with just a little crunch of crushed up candy canes.
Here is the recipe found at Cooking During Stolen Moments.
- 3 c. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 c butter, softened
- 2 t. vanilla (or if you’d prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, you can replace 1 t. of vanilla with a teaspoon of peppermint extract)
- 1 egg
- 3 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 c. finely crushed candy canes, divided
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2-3 T. milk
1. In a mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Slowly add to mixing bowl, beating until combined, about 1 minute. Stir 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes in by hand.
3. Roll dough into small balls using just under a teaspoon of dough. Rolls balls through granulated sugar to coat and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
4. While cookies bake, stir together remaining 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar with 2-3 T. of milk. Add just enough milk to form a thick glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies and top with remaining crushed candy canes immediately.