Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sweet Potato Hash with Onions and Feta

This easy veggie dish is one of my most recent Pinterest finds.  Roasting the sweet potatoes this way really brings out their deliciousness on a whole new level.  (although to be honest, I think I used yams)



The whole family approves...I think I've made it 2 or 3 times in the past couple of weeks.  You could absolutely leave off the feta, but it's really nice on there.  


Here's the recipe for you, that comes from Diethood

Ingredients
  • Butter for pan
  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
  • 3 yellow onions, sliced  (I only used one)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 1/2-cup to 1-cup crumbled feta cheese
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 450.
  • Butter a large baking pan or dish and set aside.
  • Add the chopped sweet potatoes, onions, and olive oil in a bowl and mix.
  • Season with salt, pepper, and oregano; mix together and place the sweet potatoes on prepared baking dish in a single layer.
  • Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
  • Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese.
  • Serve.

3 comments:

  1. I love sweet potatoes. I think I would have to leave out the feta and onions though. I know...not the same dish, but the hubby would not eat them if I put it in.

    Glad to see you posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potatoes. This recipe sound delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this recipe for sweet potatoes. Nice flavor combo.

    ReplyDelete